New Retail Redevelopment
Kensington Crossing is a local retail centre comprising a large medical centre, Kensington Health Hub, and a number of hospitality and convenience retail operators. This is an exciting project for Whangarei and ARCO Group were pleased to be involved in a project like this. ARCO Group has completed a number of commercial projects with the Northland Regional Council and have enjoyed partnering with their development partner on this project.
The project re-purposed an old supermarket, taking advantage of the strategic position of the site, exposure to a major intersection and the large number of car parks. This unique combination has attracted a top quality line up of 16 national and international tenants. Sitting empty for the past 7 years, ARCO were pleased to be able to provide our services and bring life back into this building!
This project involved the following:
- Site establishment & Major demolition of the interior and part of the exterior of the building
- Rebuilding & extending the existing building:
- Reframing & repatching the existing roofing
- Installation of new roof
- Construction of partition walls to create new tenancies
- Upgrading the existing fire rating within the building to comply with current code
- Fire rating between tenancies
- Construction of a new childcare facility
- All associated services & finishing trades
- Hotmix & concrete carpark · including all associated civils & drainage works